Coordinator/HBCU Football & Recruitment Tour (Volunteer)
Reports to: Office of the Founder, President & CEO
Position Status: Volunteer ($1000 stipend)
Time Commitment: Part-time, as needed
About HBCU Campaign Fund
Founded in 2012, HBCU Campaign Fund (HCF) is a non-profit advocacy advocacy educational organization that is mission to support the significance and raises funds to provide scholarships, initiative programming, and for private and public HBCUs and MSIs. HCF today remains as a strong advocate for students and higher education.
Position Overview & Basic Function:
The HBCU Football and Recruitment Tour Coordinator oversees and organizes the details for the Annual HBCU Football and Recruitment Tour, this includes travel arrangements, hotel accommodations, transportation, and schedules during the tour. The job requires the individual to manage the needs of the professionals and staff involved in the tour.
- Preparing travel calendars for the Annual HBCU Football and Recruitment Tour, coordinating with the Division of Strategic Communications and Media Relations and Division of College Recruitment and Scholarships
- Communicating with football classics partners with obtaining media credentials and college recruitment fair partners to register for space
- Making sure the needs of all the tour staff and volunteers are met
- Sorting out any logistical issues whilst the group are on tour
- Making all travel arrangements (e.g., rental cars, hotel, airline travel, etc.)
- Ensuring all expenses are within the tour’s budget
- Traveling with the Annual HBCU Football and Recruitment Tour, must be available on weekends
- High school diploma, bachelors degree (preferred). Have experience in coordinating events, event planning, or equivalent experience;
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel);
- Excellent organizational and office skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work remotely, independently, while maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, stakeholders, and the general public;
- Enthusiasm for the mission of HCF, students, HBCUs, MSIs, and higher education.
- $1,000 stipend
- Gain experience working with an HBCU advocacy non-profit organization
- Stipend or salary allowance may be given, when available
Applicants must submit cover letter of interest and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter of interest and resume.