College Relations Coordinator (Volunteer)
Reports to: Coordinator/HBCU Football and Recruitment Tour
Position Status: Volunteer ($250-500 stipend)
Time Commitment: Part-time, as needed
About HBCU Campaign Fund
Founded in 2012, HBCU Campaign Fund (HCF) is a non-profit advocacy educational organization that is mission to support the significance and raises funds to provide scholarships, initiative programming, and for private and public HBCUs and MSIs. HCF today remains as a strong advocate for students and higher education.
Position Overview & Basic Function:
Promote Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), and HCF services to students living in Chicago, IL; Memphis, TN; St. Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and New Orleans, LA through a variety of outreach activities during the HBCU Football and Recruitment Tour, including participation in college fairs, classroom presentation, and information meetings.
- Proactively provide knowledge and record information of students and community members interested in HBCUs and PBIs. Convince interest candidates to become applicants
- Provide information and recruitment materials about HBCU and PBI services to prospective students.
- Prepare and give presentations and classroom talks (if necessary); attend college fairs, and answer questions as appropriate. Participation in activities such as information sessions and panels.
- Establish collaborative relationships and maintain personal contact with college fair partners and organizations.
- Complete and submit reports of recruitment activities.
- Any other duties assigned.
Required Skills and Education:
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about higher education
- Ability to work independently
- Confidence in networking and outreach
- Candidate may live in one of the following areas: Chicago, St. Louis, Memphis, Indianapolis, and New Orleans
- Candidate may be subject to a criminal background check
- $250-$500 stipend
- Gain experience working with an HBCU advocacy non-profit organization
- Stipend or salary allowance may be given, when available
Applicants must submit cover letter of interest and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter of interest and resume.