NOMINATIONS TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The HBCU Campaign Fund (HCF) is now accepting for nominations for new members to join its Board of Directors. Please note that your nomination package must be submitted or received by 5:00 p.m. CST on Friday, June 17, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in serving on HCF Board of Directors. As vacancies occur on the Board, public notice will be sent concerning vacancy and all deadlines associated with submitting nominations.
HCF is a nonprofit, advocacy and educational organization that remains a strong advocate for students and higher education. The mission of HCF is to support the significance and raise funds for scholarships, programming, and for private and public HBCUs and MSIs.
The HCF Board of Directors govern the overall execution of the organization’s mission. Principally, the Board manages organizational finances and set long term priorities for the organization programs and initiatives. Overall, the members of the Board contribute to the educational, management, legal, and financial skills needed to ensure long term organizational stability and ensure year-to-year sustainability excellence for HCF and its programs and initiatives.
The inspiring candidate must be at least 18 years of age. Board positions require the time and energy commitment that should not be underestimated. Candidates are urged to consider personal priorities for the next two years as well as ways to contribute to the development of the organization.
General Qualifications that should taken into consideration in determining qualified nominees includes, but are not limited to:
- Prior experience on any profit or nonprofit boards, including any expertise in leadership or management of such boards.
- Professional business experience, including but not limited to degree of involvement in managing a business or other corporate entity.
- Willingness to perform director responsibilities and duties and ability to commit the time necessary to fulfill such responsibilities and duties.
- Knowledge of the respective roles of the Board of Directors and operation of a nonprofit.
- Personal integrity, character, intelligence, and ability to work well with others.
HCF Board members roles includes:
- Establishing a strategic direction of the organization.
- Support the organization’s mission and purpose.
- Ensure necessary financial resources and provide financial oversight.
- Enhance the public standing of the organization.
- Monitor programs and services.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity.
- Provide guidance and support to the Founder, President & CEO.
HCF Board members responsibilities include:
- Board members must participate in monthly meetings. HCF Board meetings varies, using phone or video conferencing platforms.
- Board members are encouraged to provide leadership and actively advocate the organization’s priorities and the necessity of its fundraising efforts.
- Board members are encouraged and excepted to participate in committees.
- Board members are encouraged to attend major HCF events.
- Board members are excepted and must take an annual financial contributions according to their personal means. It is asked that each Board member be responsible for raising (or giving) a minimum of $1,000 annually. It is also asked that each Board member makes a personal contribution, which will be counted as part of this amount.
COMPOSITION OF THE BOARD
The Board of Directors of the HBCU Campaign Fund consist of the following:
- Five (5) at-large members who represent as an elected official, such as congressional district, alderman, or mayor in any state in the United States, and who represent as president/CEO of a corporation or organization;
- Five (5) Institutional Directors who serve as president or chancellor of a college or university in the United States.
Applicants must provide the following:
- Nominee Application
- Letter of interest, which includes the following questions:
a. What specific contributions do you envision making to the organization?
b. Describe your experience working with nonprofits and nonprofit boards. Are you currently an affiliate, volunteer, member or board member of other organizations? If so, please describe the organizations, your involvement, and your time commitment.
c. Please elaborate your current relationship with HCF and about your current support for the organization (i.e., financial support, time, leveraging relationships, support for scholarships or initiative programs, etc.).
d. What strategies could you provide to assist HCF to increase fundraising efforts or do you have a network to assist the organization with fundraising efforts?
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- At least one, but no more than three letters of reference
Electronic documents should be submitted in Microsoft word or Adobe PDF format.
Submitting Your Application Materials
Open the Nominee Application and save it to your computer. After completing the application, submit it along with the other application materials by the deadline set out in the public notice by one of the following means:
- Email: email@example.com
- or Mail:
Board of Directors Nominating Committee
HBCU Campaign Fund
3005 Taylor Drive
Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71603
* if submitting your application by mail, all materials must be postmarked by the deadline or your application will not be considered.
After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation e-mail within two to five business days. If you do not, call (773) 988-2106 to verify your application was received.