CHICAGO, IL (February 4, 2020) – The HBCU Campaign Fund (HCF) would like to congratulate and announce six newly elected members of its Board of Directors.
The members were appointed by Dr. Santarvis Brown, Chairman of the Board in November 2019. Their experience and guidance will help our organization growth and strengthen our advocacy efforts to assist students, HBCUs and MSIs.
“I am pleased to welcome these exceptional leaders to our organization’s Board of Directors. Our organization is known for its national-wide advocacy in the HBCU space, as we move forward to assisting students and further strengthening HBCUs. I look forward to the fresh perspectives and valuable insight of our new board members as we continue our commitment to our students, partner institutions, and the community,” said Demetrius Johnson, Jr., President and CEO, Founder at HBCU Campaign Fund.
The newly elected members include the following:
- Dr. Derek Anderson (Vice Chairman), President, Central State University Foundation
- Dr. Pamela Richardson Wilks (Secretary), Chief of Staff & Assistant to the President for Strategic Initiatives, Edward Waters College
- Dr. Angela Graham-Williams (Treasurer), Executive Director, FAFF Place Residential Youth Care Facility
- Dr. Braque Talley, Vice Chancellor of Enrollment Management and Student Success, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
- Dr. Colette P. Burnette, President and CEO, Huston-Tillotson University
- Steven Onukwuli, Director, Prichard Boys & Girls Club of America (Not pictured)
“The HCF Board of Directors provides critical leadership and decision-making which are vital to presenting a unified voice in our advocacy efforts to the HBCU space. We are privileged to have such a committed and talented group of leaders at the helm of our organization, and we anticipate that the diverse experience our new board members bring will add significant value,” said Dr. Santarvis Brown, Chairman of the Board.
For more information about the Board of Directors, visit our website at www.hbcucampaignfund.org/aboutus/boardofdirectors.
About HBCU Campaign Fund
Founded in 2012, HCF is the vision and brainchild of founder Demetrius Johnson, Jr. In 2015, HCF incoporated its mission to supporting the significance and raising funds for scholarships and services at HBCUs and MSIs. HCF today remain as a strong advocate for students and higher education. For more information, visit www.hbcucampaignfund.org.