CHICAGO, IL – The HBCU Campaign Fund organization announces its 2017 HBCU Football tour which is ideal to give the selected institution’s and games more exposure and display of the HBCU experience through HCF’s social media networks. The tour will also be used for media purposes in display to high school students and supporters and how it is at a HBCU during sports season. It is an initiative tool utilize for recruitment in assisting future college seeking students to choosing HBCU.
HCF football tour began in 2015 with little and selected HBCU institutions visited and resumed as a basketball tour. Last year, due to low funding only three football games were attended with hopes to attend all this year. During the visited schools, HCF executive cabinet network with institution administrators and students to plan a campus tour and media sitting at the games so that video footage can be capture of the students, fans, marching band, etc. for exposure of this experience and how the institution presents it sports traditions.
This year’s 2017 HBCU Football Tour features the following institution’s and HBCU football games:
- September 9, 2017 * Lincoln University of Pennsylvania vs. Lincoln University of Missouri * 6:00 pm kick-off
- September 16, 2017 * Clark Atlanta University vs. Tuskegee University * 1:00 pm kick-off
- September 30, 2017 * Grambling State University vs. Clark Atlanta University (Chicago Football Classic) * 3:30 pm Kickoff | CFC College Fair 9 am – 12 pm | FMI, visit www.chicagofootballclassic.biz |
- October 7, 2017 * Miles College vs. Central State University (Homecoming) * TBA kick-off
- October 14, 2017 * Kentucky State University vs. Miles College (Homecoming) * 2:00 pm kick-off
- October 28, 2017 * Texas Southern University vs. Grambling State University (Homecoming) * TBA kick-off
- November 4, 2017 * Fort Valley State University vs. Albany State University [Fountain City Classic] * TBA kick-ff
- November 18, 2017 * Claflin University Homecoming
- November 25, 2017 * Southern University vs. Grambling State University (Bayou Classic) * TBA kick-off
All dates are subject to be cancelled and may or may not be rescheduled for a replacement date. HBCU institution’s who would like to add their HBCU institution to HCF’s 2017 football or basketball tour schedule, may do so by filling out the form here.
You may make a gift here to HCF’s 2017 HBCU Football and Basketball Tour in our efforts to supporting the significance of those institution’s selected. Designated your donations to “HCF 2017 HBCU Football and Basketball Tour.”
For more information regarding HCF’s 2017 HBCU Football Tour, contact Demetrius Johnson Jr. at email@example.com.
About HBCU Campaign Fund
The HBCU Campaign Fund (HCF) organization is a non-profit organized with the mission to supporting the significance of all of the 107 historically black colleges and universities as well as predominately black institutions in the United States. HCF supports their mission, rich history, prestigious tradition, chancellors and presidents, faculty and staff, students, alumni and supporters. HCF serves as advocates for students, alumni and HBCU’s in assisting with making sure that HBCU and PBI institutions continue to serve academic excellence for years to come.